the mistake 0x87e00013 Usually occurs when players try to update a game from the Xbox Game Pass library on a Windows computer. This error code is usually a proof that something went wrong while updating the game or the game files got corrupted. This problem is confirmed on both Windows 10 and Windows 11.
Possible causes that could trigger 0x87e00013 are an update stuck in a pending state, a game installation inconsistency, a firewall interference, a faulty Windows update, or an issue with the Microsoft Store. In certain scenarios, you may find yourself in a scenario where the main service dependency (game services) is not working properly and needs to be reinstalled.
Here is a list of confirmed fixes that you can follow to resolve error 0x87e00013.
1. Cancel the update and try again
If you start to fix the problem, you should cancel the update before prompting to install it again. This 0x87e00013 Error can sometimes occur when a network inconsistency affects the download stream.
If the problem is temporary and network access is restored, go to My games & apps > Manage queue If you stop the update before deploying it again, you should be able to fix the problem.
Follow the instructions below to cancel the current update and start over:
- Open your Xbox app and open your Xbox Game Pass library.
- Next, access the game that triggers the 0x87E00013 Error trying to update.
- Once you see the games list with the frozen update, click on the X button on the right.
- After the update finishes, restart the Xbox app and reinstall the update.
- If it is still stuck at 0% with the same error 0x87e00013 then move on to the next method below.
2. Reinstall the game
The Xbox app doesn’t have a repair or integrity check feature (like Steam or Battle.net), so your best bet to ensure you’re not dealing with corrupted game files is to reinstall the game that’s triggering the 0x87e00013 errors.
The easiest way to uninstall the problematic game is to open the Xbox app, search for the problematic game (using the search bar at the top), right click on it and select it Uninstall Game.
If the above action throws the same error or the game fails in My collection follow these steps to continue uninstalling from the Apps & Features menu:
Note: The following steps work on both Windows 10 and Windows 11.
- Press the Windows key + I to open the settings menu from Windows 10 or Windows11.
- Once inside settings use the vertical menu on the left to click it applications.
- Go to the right pane and click Installed apps.
- Scroll down through the list of apps and locate the game that is triggering the 0x87e00013.
- Click the action button (three-dot icon) for the game you want to uninstall.
- Click on Uninstall from the existing context menu and confirm the uninstallation.
- After the process, open the Xbox app again and reinstall the game.
If the issue is still not resolved, continue to the next method below.
3. Reset the Microsoft Store
If you’re getting this error on a game straight from the Windows 10 Store, you may be experiencing this issue due to a bug in the MS Store that affects many Xbox Game Pass titles.
If you haven’t tried this fix, reset the entire Windows Store component and see if the update finally installs without the 0x87e00013 error.
Note: This method only works if you downloaded the game from the Microsoft Store and not directly from the Xbox app.
To reset the Windows Stoe using an elevated Command Prompt window, follow these steps:
- Start by pressing Windows key + R open a To run dialog box.
- Inside the To run Text box, type ‘cmd’ and press Ctrl + Shift + Enter to open increased prompt.
- click Yes to grant admin access to the User Account Control (UAC).
- Once inside elevated prompt, Type the following command and press Enter to reset the entire Windows Store component and dependencies:
- Once the command has been successfully processed, close the elevated Command Prompt and check if the issue is resolved on the next launch.
If you still feel the same way 0x87e00013 Error updating certain games from Xbox Game Pass library, proceed to the next method below.
4. Reinstall the Gaming Services app (if applicable)
When the Gaming Services infrastructure is stuck in a limbo. In most cases, simply reinstalling the Gaming Services component should resolve the issue.
However, reinstalling the Gaming Services component is not that easy on every version of Windows. The N&E Education editions of Windows 10 and 11 don’t allow you to reinstall this component the traditional way, so you’ll have to rely on a PowerShell terminal.
The following fix is universal and allows you to reinstall the Gaming Services component on any edition of Windows 10 and Windows 11:
- Press the Windows key + R to open the To run dialog box, and then type “powershell” in the search bar and press the CTRL + SHIFT + ENTER key to open PowerShell as administrator.
- the User Account Control (UAC) will ask if you want to enter PowerShell administrator rights. click “Yes” in order to do this.
- Once in PowerShell, type the following command and press Enter To uninstall Game Services:
get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-AppxPackage -allusers
- After that, type the following command to open the Microsoft Store to the exact page where you can download Gaming Services:
- Your screen should show you the Microsoft Store. Now all you have to do is click To install button that should be on the right side.
- Wait for the Gaming Services app to be fully installed and set up.
- Reboot your PC and see if the problematic game update installs without triggering that 0x87e00013 errors.
Then you need to restart your computer. After the restart, try using Xbox Live again.
5. Disable firewall (if applicable)
If you’re using a third-party firewall solution, be aware that it may indirectly block access to Game Pass. This is especially common if you are accessing the Game Pass library from an area that is not officially supported by Microsoft.
Check if this scenario applies by temporarily disabling your firewall’s real-time protection before re-installing the pending update.
Note: The steps to disable your firewall vary depending on which deployment you’re using. If you use a local firewall + AV component, you can disable it directly from the taskbar or from the Protection Tab.
Once the active firewall is disabled, restart your PC to ensure the security suite isn’t generating network effects, and then try installing the problematic game update again.
You can safely re-enable the firewall if the update installs without problems (without the 0x87e00013 error). Remember to do this again if another game update is stuck in the same way.
If disabling the firewall didn’t fix the issue or you’re not using a third-party security suite, continue to the next method below.
6. Install on another drive (if applicable)
Another reason why you can expect this problem is a new NVME game drive that is not fully supported by the Xbox app. Users experiencing this problem have confirmed that they can completely avoid this 0x87e00013 error simply by installing the game on a different drive.
Note: NVME (Nonvolatile Memory Express) is still a new technology that seems to cause a lot of problems with Game Pass titles.
If you have an external drive that you can use, try installing the game on it first, then apply the update and see if the error goes away.
To update: Drive-related 0x87e00013 errors only seem to occur when the game is installed on a secondary (slave) drive. If the game is not installed on your primary drive, reinstall it and see if the issue is resolved.
If this scenario doesn’t apply, continue to the last possible solution below.
Perform a system restore
If this problem only started appearing after installing a pending Windows update or a new driver version, then there is a good chance that a faulty update is responsible for this problem.
Since there is no definitive way to check, the best way to get your PC back to a state where you didn’t experience this problem is to use System Restore.
Note: You can use a system restore snapshot to undo any changes made to your system after the snapshot was taken. This includes installed WU updates, drivers, WU updates, system settings, etc.
For complete steps to perform a system restore, see follow the instructions in this guide.
Bir cevap yazın